Lesson plan developed by Ms. Erika Geelhoed, BA Ed
* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with toddlers or preschoolers.
- Begin by finding a comfortable area and read Boo! with the children.
- Show the children how to turn the pages.
- Be sure to use an expressive voice to keep the children interested.
- Create the footprint memory craft by dipping the children’s foot in white paint.
- Press it onto the black paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Draw around the edge of the foot with chalk and add eyes and a mouth with the black marker.
- Encourage the children to practice their page turning skills throughout the week with the same book.
- Observe and take notes on the children’s pre-literacy skills. Did they attempt to turn the pages of the book? Were they successful? Give them several attempts to practice this skill throughout the week and monitor progress.
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.