Lesson plan developed by Ms. Erika Geelhoed, BA Ed
* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with preschoolers.
Click on the photos to enlarge.
- Bend the cardboard tube into the shape of a heart.
- Secure with tape.
- Lay out the materials in an appropriate area.
- Encourage children to explore the materials and create a piece of artwork
- Observe and record the children during the activity. How did they hold and use the tube as a tool? Were they able to use it as a stamp on the paper? How did they react?
Note: Please provide appropriate supervision to the children in your care when completing all activities. You will need to decide what types of activities are safe for the children in your care. Appropriate and reasonable caution should be used when providing art and sensory experiences for children. Toddlers require special caution, only use non-toxic materials, and do not allow toddlers to put things in their mouths that are a choking hazard.
Click on the child care course icon for enrollment information.