Lesson plan developed by Ms. Erika Geelhoed, BA Ed.
* Lesson plan objectives and assessments can be adapted to use this activity with toddler.
- Find a comfortable spot to read with the children.
- As you are reading, be sure to give the children plenty of time to touch the different textures of the book.
- Create the memory craft by painting the children’s foot green and stamping it onto the paper in the shape of a shamrock.
- Make the book available to the children throughout the week and revisit it with them if they show interest.
- Observe and record the children’s pre-literacy skills. Were they engaged in the story? Did they attempt to turn the pages on their own?
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.