Spider Discovery Basket
- Prepare for activity by creating the web basket.
- Weave string back and forth between the holes and tie securely.
- Place the Halloween items in the bottom of the basket.
- Present the basket to the children.
- Observe and record the children as they try to pull items from the basket. What were some of their strategies? Did they become frustrated?
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.
Prime Times for Learning
According to The University of Georgia/College of Family and Consumer Sciences: New research in brain development shows that we learn certain skills most easily during particular “windows of opportunity.” These are times – a few weeks or months when a part of the brain absorbs new information more easily than at any other time in life. Not surprisingly, most of these windows open and close during the critical first few years of life These windows are “prime times” for learning because each part of the brain actually grows a little larger, and a lot more active, in response to what the five senses absorb.