Lesson plan developed by Ms. Erika Geelhoed, BA Ed
* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with preschoolers.
Measurement and Data 1.M
- Prepare for activity by cutting each type of apple into small pieces and organizing them into cups.
- Allow each child to sample all of the categories of apples.
- When everyone is finished, have children vote on which type was their favorite.
- Ask the children to assist in charting this information on the large chart paper.
- Assess the children on their ability to interpret graph data using the provided checklist
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.
- A Recycled Herb Garden
Engage all your students' senses by building a classroom herb garden. Recycle aluminum cans as planters. Be sure to bore holes in the bottoms of the cans so that water can drain. When you fill the planters with potting soil, teach the students about compost, a natural form of recycling. Plant a range of attractive and aromatic herbs, such as tasty spearmint or feathery dill. Once the edible leaves come in, let students try to identify among the herbs by smell, appearance and taste.