Lesson plan developed by Ms. Erika Geelhoed, BA Ed
* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with school-age children.
- participate in cooperative play with peers
- engage in dramatic play materials
- Activities and materials encourage children to develop their imaginations
- a) Dramatic play materials and activities are available for children daily
- cookie sheets
- holiday-themed fabric
- Hot glue gun
- Small magnets
- Prepare for the activity by hot gluing pieces of Velcro onto the fabric as well as magnets onto the bows.
- Show students how to wrap the cookie sheets using the fabric, attaching the Velcro strips together. Next, show them that the bows attach to the outside of their “present”.
- Encourage students to practice their wrapping skills on their own.
- Observe and record the student’s writing skills. Did they attempt proper letter formation? What letters did the struggle with? Go back and practice these with the child during small group or one-on-one learning time.
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.