Lesson plan developed by Ms. Erika Geelhoed, BA Ed
* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with preschoolers.
Click on the photos to enlarge.
- Prepare for the activity by creating the cardboard den.
- Cut a semi-circle into one side of the box.
- This will be the entrance of the den.
- Lay a blanket on the bottom of the den and place stuffed bears inside.
- Encourage the children to engage in play with you.
- Observe and record the children as they engage in dramatic play. How did they interact with other children?
Note: Please provide appropriate supervision to the children in your care when completing all activities. You will need to decide what types of activities are safe for the children in your care. Appropriate and reasonable caution should be used when providing art and sensory experiences for children. Toddlers require special caution, only use non-toxic materials, and do not allow toddlers to put things in their mouths that are a choking hazard.
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.