Penguin Egg Transfer
Lesson plan developed by Ms. Erika Geelhoed, BA Ed
* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with school-age children.
- Begin reading the non-fiction penguin text with the children.
- Explain what the difference is between non-fiction and fiction.
- See if they can give examples.
- After reading about how penguins transfer eggs, pair students up and instruct them to practice transferring the plastic eggs themselves.
- Observe and record the children’s motor skills. How did they interact with their partner? Record any dialog the children had during the activity.
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.