* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with toddlers or preschoolers.
- Begin the lesson by finding a comfortable spot to read That’s Not My Snowman… with the child. Show them how to hold the book upright and turn the pages. Encourage them to try it on their own.
- Create the snowman footprints by painting the child’s foot with white paint. Press it down onto paper and allow it to dry.
- Use the markers to draw arms, a hat, buttons, and a face.
- Display the snowman around your classroom or send home for parents to enjoy.
- Observe and record the child’s reaction to the song. Did they move their body? Did their facial expressions change?
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.