* Lesson plan objective and assessment can be adapted to use this activity with toddlers or preschoolers.
- Begin the lesson by finding a comfortable spot to read That’s Not My Snowman… with the children.
- Show them how to hold the book upright and turn the pages.
- Encourage them to try it on their own.
- Create the snowman footprints by painting the children’s foot with white paint.
- Press it down onto paper and allow it to dry.
- Use the markers to draw arms, a hat, buttons, and a face.
- Display the snowman around the classroom or send home for families to enjoy.
- Observe and record the children’s reaction to the song. Did they move their body? Did their facial expressions change?
Click on the course icon for enrollment information.